IASC Regional Keynote Webinars
– Africa, Asia, China, Europe, Latin America, North America and Oceania – and the IASC Early Career Network.
See below for links to more information on each talk, as well as links to the recorded webinars. Thanks to everyone who helped make these webinars a success!
Globalizing Water Commons in Sub-Saharan Africa: Tensions between Theory and Practice
Speaker: Dr. Claudious Chikozho
Research Director, African Population and Health Research Center, Nairobi, Kenya
Date: October 5
Time: 16:00-17:00 Nairobi time (UTC +3)
Coastal Commons in Japan Today:
A Sea Change?
Speaker: Alyne Elizabeth Delaney
Associate Professor, Center for Northeast Asian Studies, Tohoku University
Date: October 9
Time: 11:00-12:00 JST (UTC +9)
What Can We Learn From China’s Management Response to Covid-19 from a Commons Research Perspective?
Speaker: Qian Zhou, School of Public Policy, Xiamen University
Date: October 7
Time: 15:00-16:00 (UTC +8)
Enclosing Marine and Coastal Commons
Speaker: Prof. Dr. Achim Schlüter, Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research (ZMT) GmbH. Bremen, Germany
Date: October 7
Time: 12:00 noon – 13:00, CEST (UTC +2)
The Commons through a
Latin American Lens
Speaker: Fabio de Castro, Senior Lecturer at the Centre for Latin American Research and Documentation,
University of Amsterdam. He coordinates the current CEDLA research program ‘Reshaping Society
and the Commons in Latin America’.
Date: Saturday, October 3
Time: 13:00-14:00 PET (UTC -5)
Governing the Commons, 30 Years Later – An Inventory of good advice for Commoners
Date: Thursday, October 1
Time: 12:00-13:00 EST (UTC -4)
Note: This will be a live-streamed Ostrom Memorial Lecture from Indiana University in partnership with the Ostrom Workshop.
Sharing the Commons of the Martuwarra Fitzroy River Estate for our Greater Good
(documentary screening and discussion)
Speaker: Dr. Anne Poelina, Managing Director of Madjulla Inc and Adjunct Senior Research Fellow with Notre Dame University.
Date: October 6
Time: 10:00-11:00 AM Australian Western Standard Time (UTC +8)
IASC Early Career Network
Speakers (this will be a webinar panel with five speakers):
- Maria Gerullis – Institute for Food and Resource Economics,
University of Bonn, Germany
- Flavia Guerrieri – Max Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition, Germany and University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Beril Ocaklı – IRI THESys I Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Germany
- Hita Unnikrishnan – Newton International Fellow, Urban Institute, The University of Sheffield, UK and postdoctoral scholar: Azim Premji University, Bangalore, India
- Dane Whittaker – Center for Behavior, Institutions and the Environment, Arizona State University, USA
Co-moderator: Tejendra Pratap Gautam – Centre for Policy Studies, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai, India
Date: October 8
Time: 15:00-17:00 CEST (UTC +2)